What else am I going to do on a Sunday evening apart from write a couple of communications? Especially when Gold TV are broadcasting the Monty Python show from the O2. I’m not watching that because when they started to sing the Penis Song the television channel censored some of the words! I was so annoyed with this that I watched Veep, The 100 and am now writing this instead of watching the Pythons. To be honest I can listen to the Penis Song anytime.
I get a little confused over the next few entries in my Form 3822. The could be courses or they could be competitions. I know that I shot quite a bit with the Squadron and I enjoyed it thoroughly. If you want to see more about experiences of a teenager in the late 80s then click here.
There now follows a list of .22 rifle shooting events I attended and took part. All of these were on 25 yard ranges.
- 31 July 1986
- 5 December 1986
- 20 February 1987 [Mark Sykes Trophy competition]
- 20 March 1987 [Mark Sykes Trophy competition]
- 22 May 1987 [ATC Marksman achieved]
- 3 July 1987
- 26 August 1987 [ATC Marksman achieved]
- 27 August 1987
- 28 August 1987
- 14 November 1987
- 28 November 1987
- 28 February 1988 [Falklands Competition]
- 29 April 1988 [ATC Marksman achieved]
- 21 June 1988
- 22 July 1988 [ATC Marksman achieved]
- 26 July 1988
- 28 July 1988
- 1 December 1988
- 15 December 1988 [Battle of Britain Competition] 79/100 scored
- 3 July 1989 [Wing Field Day]
- 13 August 1989
- 29 December 1989 [ATC Marksman achieved]
- 11 February 1990
I was selected for the East Essex Wing Shooting Team one year but I couldn’t make the competition because I was on camp in Cyprus [or I may have been at a concert, I can’t quite remember].