I recently spent a lovely week at RAF Wittering [EGXT] with the MGS CCF RAF Section. We were there with cadets and staff from Malvern College who all turned out to be great people. In fact, their Officer Commanding had been on my OIC course.
Here’s a list of activities we got up to followed by a small photograph gallery which could have been bigger but sometimes there are restrictions on what we can photograph.
- High ropes course and power fan
- Air Experience Flying with No 5 AEF
- Shooting with the L98A2
- Drill and drill competition
- Command Tasks
- Visit to Marshalls Aerospace Company
- Visit to the American Cemetery near Cambridge
- 5131 BD Sqn visit
- Fire Section visit [I might have been sprayed by a branch]
- Harrier Heritage Centre visit
- I did two runs
- Ten pin bowling
- Meal out in Stamford
- Outreach team
- Party minibus
This was a very enjoyable camp. Great fun. Some of the pictures below aren’t really level with the horizon, but I am not going to edit them. It’d take time I don’t really have.
My last photo is of a lovely elliptical bridge I saw in Leicester. Very pretty: