February was a great month mostly for the excellent trip I had to Los Angeles. I went there to see friends and watch the Super Bowl [in a bar – I can’t afford the ticket price]. It turns out that because I opened Google Maps that company now know where I’ve been. I don’t think that bothers me particularly. It’s nice to have an email from them telling me what I already knew!
Given there hasn’t really been any travel for around two years it was so nice to get to be somewhere. Apart from a trip to Lincolnshire last summer and the odd car journey to Essex to see family I hadn’t really been anywhere!
This is communication number 2017 and so here are some things that happened in that year as curated by me:
- The US drops the MOAB on ISIL compound.
- An ISIL terrorist kills 22 at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester.
- 8 people are murdered on London bridge.
- A new species of orangutan is discovered.
- Cassini-Huygens plunges into Saturn’s atmosphere after 13 years of service.