Gosh, it has taken a while to get to this point but this is the last of the “T” albums. Once I complete all the albums alphabetically it’ll be time to go back to the beginning and start reviewing all the EBM, aggrotech, albums that I have. Sorry about that but I don’t think there is an end to this portion of this site. If you think these are boring just wait for my list of airports I have used in the Round The World Trip in X-Plane!!
I saw Wat Tyler at a gig in the Square in Harlow way back when I had more hair than now. They were funny and I bought this CD at the merch table. This album is the perfect mix of well written songs and joke songs which make me laugh. I love it.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Justify Your Book – is it just me or is the singer’s voice remarkably sexy here?
- It Makes Me Belch – heavy riff and shouty vocals with a great hook into the chorus.
- Hops And Barley – such an amazing wholesome song.
- Coming Home – a lovely sea shanty from before sea shanties being popular.
- Perry Groves – apparently a song about soccer.
- The Definitive Love Song – a bit of a Freebird rip off with spoken lyrics to make you laugh.
- Dodgepotterydo – a song with the lyrics of Rolf Harris songs sung to the tune of “Stairway To Heaven”.
- James Whale – sung to the tune of “I just called to say I love you” but with a chorus of “James Whale you’re a fucking cunt, you’re a fucking cunt”. If you aren’t sure who James Whale is then think Piers Morgan but slightly less offensive.
- Ruder Girl – If I can find the lyrics I will put them at the end of this communication.
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – you will love this.
- Wet Wet Wet (The Fucking Bed) – hilarious.
- The Little People Make Lurve – a classic operatic story of elves and dwarves and shit.
Gosh, we’ve reached the 1970s in terms of communications and here are some things that happened that year:
- Unix time epoch.
- The USA invades Cambodia.
- Tu-144 exceeds Mach 2.
- Stonewall Riot.